Monday, April 12, 2010

HR- Relay for Life Recap!


Hey all,

I first want to thank everyone for attending the relay for life walk this past weekend. It was a great success! I would especially like to thank Karen for providing lunch for everyone that attended. I am excited to announce that through sponsors we were able to raise $3,245.00!!!!!! This total was much higher than I would have ever expected and I know we would not have been able to do it without all your support. Here is a quick recap of the event:

-We had 24 members of HR present at the event
-We walked around a local track stadium with not only members of our team but other members of the community
-Many of the people at the event were either cancer survivors or had family/ friends that have had cancer
- Keith's wife Nancy was at the event with us to do the walk. She wrote me an email this morning that she wanted me to share with the rest of the department:

"Dear Xan and other members of the HR department at Orange,

I don't know how to express my appreciation to all of you for supporting the American Cancer Society. You are not only fund-raising for an amazing charity, but seeing you all at the event showed my family and I the support you all had for Keith. He would be proud and it brought tears to my eyes. Your love makes it much easier for me to keep Keith's memory alive. I wish you the best of luck as you continue to find creative ways to fund-raise, and please feel free to use me as a resource if necessary.

Sincerely yours,

Nancy Handleman"

*The photo above features Nancy Handleman, Karen Anderson, and Kelly Markowitz (L to R) at the event

Keep up the great team effort and keep in mind we will be having one more event this weekend. TBA

Best,

Xan Saks
Director of Human Resources
Human Resources Department, Orange Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment